Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, June 14, 2010

    World Cup Fever

    Have u caught on the World Cup 2010 Fever yet?

    The matches which started from last Friday, 11.6.2010 are going hot and strong for World Cup fans out there.

    I am not really a fan and totally missed the World Cup 2006 but I did watch some of the matches in the World Cup 2002 and remembered being a supporter of Germany then.

    This morning while I was sitting in my bro's car listening to the 100.3 radio broadcast, the name "Oliver Kahn" hit a certain nerve in my memory and I remember this favourite goal keeper from Germany whom I was absolutely fascinated abt in the World Cup 2002. Not for his looks (coz I think he looks kind of ugly) but somehow he caught my attention, maybe for his wonderful saves or authoritative presence as the team's captain or maybe for the mere fact tat he looks mean and kinda like a member of the Mafia. LOL...ya, silly me.

    As broadcasted on radio, he is the only Goal Keeper in history who has received the Golden Ball Award....I am more awed now....so I decided to Google...

    OLIVER KAHN



    Here are some links to his glorious history and his profile that I have found online:



    By Wikipedia:-


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Kahn





    By footballdatabase.com:-


    http://www.footballdatabase.com/index.php?page=player&Id=771&b=true&pn=Oliver_Hans_Kahn




    Now tat Oliver Kahn has retired, I am not too sure if I will still support Germany in the World Cup but I guess tat remains to be seen.

    A look at the current World Cup 2010 match results on Fifa's website:-

    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/index.html?cid=google_onebox

    Hmm...lets see if I will start following the matches now...

    No comments: