Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 11, 2009

    Batam Adventure - 7 to 9 Aug 2009

    Happy Belated 44th National Day, Singapore!

    Am late in my well wishes on blog not coz I was not in Singapore this National Day but simply that I was too busy to go online after I got back from Batam on Sunday. Havent really touched my computer the whole weekend coz I went to Batam with H and S, to leech on H and her family's hospitality.

    We met up at Harbourfront after work last Friday to take the Wavemaster Ferry which departed at 8pm plus. Only 45 minutes ferry ride and we were picked up by H's brother, chauffered to their shophouse (where we stayed for 2 nights) and brought out for dinner.

    Shiok ar! No brainer...I just followed and act like "sua-ku" a.k.a. mountain tortoise coz it was my first time in Indonesia. I am not really a fan for visiting neighbouring countries, will go when the opportunity arise but will not seek to go visit, my vietnam trip also lidat mah.

    Anyway, things in Batam is cheaper than in Singapore and reminds me of Johor Bahru last time before it became so commercialized. A 2hrs KTV session for 3 pax in Batam cost abt 280,000 rupiah (est. S$41+) inclusive of a drink each. 2nd Night we also went KTV and only 2 of us ordered drinks and the bill only came up to abt 215,000 rupiah (est. S$31+). Cheap lor.

    We did a 90 mins full body massage for only 90,000 rupiah (est. S$13+) per pax! Plus a bit of tips still cheap. The manicure and pedicure there was in the region of 100,000 rupiah (est. S$14+) and 80,000 rupiah (est. S$ 11+) respectively but we ran out of time and money, so cannot pamper our fingers and toes...awwwww.....wasted!

    And though we have Breadtalk and J.Co donuts in Singapore, they are Halal certified in Batam and of course cheaper! I managed to get 6 donuts for only 31,000 rupiah (est. S$4.50+)...hmm, must remember tat I still owe S for the donuts.

    I even managed to find A&W fast food restaurants in Batam! Gosh, I miss A&W!!! The root beer float, chicken and waffles...yummy....enjoyed the chicken and root beer for old time's sake...waffles would have to wait.

    As the usual lousy blogger I am, I didnt bring my camera (coz I thought there is no sight to be taken) and so no picture to show here. S did take a few shots though...maybe I can get from her. "S!!!!! Can email me the pictures u took in Batam?"

    No comments: