Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, March 12, 2010

    My Words of Consolation

    Had a rather sad conversation with a friend today.

    Sometimes behind the sounding laughters and beneath the smiley faces we see around us, there lies souls who are lost, hurt, sad and in despair. It may be tat they face bigger problems than us in general or tat their problems might be more serious...but I think every one of us have our fair share of problems.

    And I believe there are 2 types of problem solvers among people:-

    Type 1 - analytical & practical in their approaches. They tend to tackle problem first before they sit down to think about their feelings or others' feelings.

    Type 2 - ruled by their emotions and have own emotional hurdles they have to cross before being able to tackle a problem.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    So my friend said:-

    "...the incident happen too suddenly and i almost cant cope .. but now...i try to get use to it and accept wat i have done...."

    "i am lost somehow ..... lost in space ... all this time i try to run away try to avoid but it seems not a good idea ... after all is all my fault i have to face it alone. When will i find back myself is a question mark to me ... last time i not use to be so lost .. i always have a direction but now ... no direction at all. I dunno wat will happen to me in future . and i have no future at all..."


    My words of consolation:-

    ...u dun have to have a particular goal to feel like u got a direction
    ...u dun have to have a family to feel sheltered
    ...u dun have to have a house to feel like u own something
    ...instead of a big goal, have smaller goals
    ...ur parents might have passed away n u feel no one is there to back u up but this way u learn to stand up for urself. And if u failed, there are friends around
    ...although u dun own a house of ur own, u have rest stops here and there. Its an experience for u. Rather than the monotonous and boring life, u now got an ever changing life where everything and anything can happen.
    ...learn to accept and adapt
    ...dun reject, regret and complain


    I think my friend is a definite Type 2....so which type are u?

    PS: U are welcome to talk to me abt ur problems, I will always have a listening ear for u....not so sure abt my advice though. As I am more of a Type 1 person, some of my advices might not work for all.

    No comments: