Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, November 02, 2009

    2 Days MC

    Woke up this morning...Day 3 since my sudden loss of voice...regained abt half my voice by now but I cant speak a proper full sentence without either my voice breaking up or suddenly stopping coz no sound came out...unless the sentence is short. :P

    Topping it up, got phelgm in my throat and my nose felt wet when I woke up...so suspect the flu and cough are emerging too...well, come join the party flu and cough! Why wait?

    Remembered tat my boss told me she got something for me to do today at work...so, deliberating between being a good worker and go to work OR taking care of myself and my health and go see a doc and rest. The latter won, I love myself more than my work. Yay! I think its a rather smart choice. Not as if the office or my boss will give me a "Most Hardworking Employee" award for turning up at work sick.

    U must all learn to take good care of urself before anything else k! Nothing can compensate u for ur health. And no one other than urself should be worth it.

    Anyway, called office to report tat I am on 2 days MC (the doc decided to give me flu and cough medicine too...so I took all the medicine he gave me) and of all the people, had to hear an idiot answer my call....yeah, idiot = public enemy = most hated person I EVER met at work.

    Why is he an idiot? Among other things, a simple conversation and he couldnt make out wat I said...(though my voice was breaking up, but look at the sentence structure! how could he have heard wrongly?! I think probably its coz his english really jialat...so he couldnt understand me):

    I: "I am on 2 days MC"

    Idiot: "You are on MC today?"

    I: "2 days MC"

    Idiot: "Today or 2 days?"

    I: "2 days lah, today and tomorrow."

    Wah lau, if I meant to say I am on 1 day MC, I would tell him "I am on MC today". The word MC will come before today mah....stupid idiot he is!

    Ok, no point getting upset over this kind of people. Going to rest now. Till next time.

    No comments: