Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, November 09, 2009

    Cozy Cafes

    Had a great and fulfilling Sunday yesterday. Not the usual Sunday Family Lunch coz my parents went to Kusu Island (pray....) and every other family members had our own plans.

    So, I had a date with my friends to go cycling!.....ya lah, I dunno how to cycle....they decided to like make it a mission ("impossible") to teach me cycling yesterday. Failed lah...failed so badly....keke....luckily we rented like 2 single cyclist bicycles and 1 duo cyclist bicycle. So A and AK had to take turns to ride the duo bicycle with me...hehe....but tiring wo. See pple cycle like very easy and relaxing leh, how come I felt so tired cycling?

    We also stopped a while at an area in East Coast Park where they had water skiing activity. People on surfboards hold on to a bar connected to a wired mechnism tat brings them round and round a pond/lake like place. Most of the participants are caucasians...think Ang Mos are more open to outdoor activities as such. Think Asians are generally more kia si...or maybe its Singaporeans who are less participative in outdoor sports. Anyway, it was good fun watching guys and girls splashing smack into the water! Must hurt.

    Sudden rain cut short our fun at the coast...but it was time to return the bicycles anyway and we headed to Parkway Parade for some cooling off and lunch. The workout on the bicycle actually killed off my appetite for the afternoon...was only thirsty and wanted to replenish water content in my body.

    It was regular window shopping then and the next highlight came after AK and K went off. Not wanting to head home though we were sticky and dirty from the morning exercise, I explored the Tanjong Katong area with A. Remembered passing the area once and there was a lot of eating places (cafes and restaurants) and a particular cafe left an impression on me coz the shop-front look soooo kawaiii...and its name is also special "with a pinch of salt...."

    Our first step into the cafe. It is no doubt a family eating place. Lots of kids on other tables but not those young noisy kind of kids...older primary and above. The place was decorated with much care and warmth, creating a very cozy ambience.

    A look through the menu...they serve an array of western food, pizzas, pasta, salads, desserts, etc. Good variety if u like western.

    Here's the link for the cafe/restaurant: http://www.withapinchofsalt.com.sg/

    I have mentally listed this as one of my new haunt with friends. Eating there was such a joy....u have to try to know.

    Bring my thoughts back to another cafe I went to with K and M previously...serving cakes and drinks. Memories of the place in Victorian decoration (wondered if I remembered wrongly) but its unique...its "The Cheesecake Cafe" near Siglap Centre. I totally cannot recall how to get there but would love to revisit the place....must find time. Thanks to M, here's the link to the cafe:
    http://www.thecheesecakecafe.sg/

    Now pple...go enjoy the cafes....see! I share...

    No comments: