Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, September 06, 2010

    3, 2, 1....Fly Away...No?

    Something just happened to K's holiday to Perth.

    K was scheduled to take an afternoon flight but she missed it coz she forgot her VISA!

    Now with Singapore passport being so widely accepted by so many countries and us Singaporeans being exempted from VISA requirement in a lot of countries as well, its not surprising tat we might forget to check if we actually need a VISA permit.

    Anyway, Australia definitely needs a VISA permit for entry. From wat I heard from J, its ASEAN countries tat we do not need VISA...am not too sure myself but I think its best to check.

    I feel kinda bad coz of this incident. Becoz I didn't think of reminding her abt her VISA when she bought her tickets and also coz when she was at the airport LOST without her VISA, she called me many times n I didn't even get her call as my HP was in my office drawer. Though she managed to get another fren to apply the VISA, the approval came in too late and she missed her flight. :(

    I do wonder if I am in a similar situation who would I call....hmmm...first I think I will call Goon ba, then if he is not available maybe its K - J - A - G...this kind of order. Why this order? Of coz I will find the person who travel the most mah...LOL!

    So, I decided to draft this checklist for points to note when traveling overseas:-
    1. Passport
    2. Plane ticket/E-ticket to exchange for Boarding Pass
    3. VISA
    4. Baggage weight limit
    5. Restrictions on liquids aerosols gels in hand carry bag
    6. No weapons or sharp objects in hand carry bag
    7. Be at the airport at least 2 hrs before flight time to check in

    Is there other points I missed out? Do let me know k.

    No comments: