Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, December 15, 2010

    Perfect Marriage

    Guess I am really to the age where women (or their parents) start getting worried if they are ever going to get married or that they will become a spinster.

    No, no. I am not worried tat I am not married at 31 years old. In fact, I dun even have any inclination of getting married (though many pple warned tat my thinking will change with age). Maybe its the job I am in, seeing many couples getting divorces and knowing the reasons behind these divorces...its disheartening u know...Or it could be becoz pple around me having problems with their relationships and I too start having doubts about the existence of a "Perfect Marriage".

    There is no such thing as a "Perfect Marriage"!

    If I just burst tat bubble for u...well, tats just too bad. Reality IS hard to swallow anyway.

    Of coz I dun mean that all marriages end in divorces and all relationships are doomed. There are couples who found equilibrium in their marriages, committing themselves to their family and their partners even if the responsibility part outweighs the love and romance they get before marriage. There are couples who maintain their relationships by making an effort, empathize with their partners and showing more than a little care and concern.

    U reap wat u sow. By making the first step to improve the relationship/marriage, one might be able to have a more lasting relationship/happy marriage. Think abt it...

    (My two-cents worth: Marriage is meaningless if both parties are unable to commit and live for each other. Marriage tat end in a divorce is just a bloody waste of time and energy. Better to remain single and in a happy relationship than to be married and unhappy. )

    No comments: