Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, December 04, 2006

    Interpretations

    I had this thought last week but din really have time to put it up on blog - how issit that different pple have different interpretations of things happening around them? Its amazing how the human brain works. Our interpretations are dependable on our perception and history which are often affected by wat we have experienced, seen, felt or knew in the past. The key word is PAST.

    For example, there is this tea lady (vendor from a stall/cafe near our office) who comes by our office daily around 10 plus to 11 plus in the morning, pushing a cart of food and drinks. Selling coffee, tea, breads, cakes and sometimes bee hoon.

    Well, the tea lady does this ritual ringing of bell whenever she walks past. And one day while she was doing her rounds, I suddenly looked at my colleagues and asked "Aaaa, wats tat ringing...chey, its the tea lady." Then KW said, "Haha...I tot it was Santa Claus." Sha added "No lah, I think the ringing sounded more like a Taoist Priest doing his rituals." But guess wat was my reply to them??? I said, "Hmm...at first, I tot it was the ice cream man...."

    ......................

    Santa Claus, Taoist Priest and Ice Cream Man in the Office!!!????

    No, we are not crazy! We are just affected by our PAST experiences. Probably KW watched too much children's show or cartoons and so believe that Santa exists, and since it is near Xmas season, its natural she thinks of the kind old man. Sha probably seen some Taoist ritual in progress somewhere, or maybe watch too much chinese zombie shows...hahaha. And ME??? I think I am just craving for ice cream at tat time :P

    No comments: