Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, November 10, 2007

    Night scenes in Singapore

    Went out with Gwen on the eve of Deepavali coz I was feeling really bored of late and decided its time to take a walk and breathe in the life of pple ard. Plus, its a great opportunity to bring Gwen to look at the nightlife in Singapore...which she has not gotten the chance do.

    My initial plan was to meet her in Raffles Place and bring her to walk from Boat Quay to Clarke Quay then to Mohammed Sultan. Lucky we din do tat...coz my feet hurt like hell tat night. Vain me decided to wear my boots out even though I knew I had planned walking ard...LOL!

    So, we ended up having a quick dinner at Raffles City, City Hall and took a bus down to Clarke Quay directly. Boy has the place changed!

    A picture of Clarke Quay 2 years ago in Year 2005)
    CQold

    ...the last time I had been to Clarke Quay was then while I was temp-ing at STB and helping out in the Tourist Guides exams. Aw, it was rather fun!


    Here's a series of pics on how the place looks now.......the pics were taken from someone else's blog: http://www.weikiat.net/blog/2007/07/15/clarke-quay-150707/

    CQ0

    CQ1

    CQ2

    CQ3

    CQ4

    CQ5

    CQ6

    Clarke Quay was just brimming with LIFE tat night! So many people having dinner and chilling out there. So cool! ~I sound so sua gu lor~

    I had a great time tat night walking ard Clarke Quay and Mohammed Sultan and reacquainting myself with the places.

    For those who are interested to read up a bit on Clarke Quay, u can visit this page:
    http://www1.moe.edu.sg/learn@/singaporerivertrail/sec/G041_Dunman_Sec/clarke_quay.htm
    And for a bit on wat can be found at Clarke Quay, try this link:
    http://www.blurbme.com/find/searchResult.php?search=clarke%20quay&srchOpt=1

    No comments: