Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, April 20, 2009

    Life's Unexpectancy

    Recently, I have fallen into the routine of going for my twice or thrice weekly swim and mapling at night (Yeah! I am back to MapleStory!) and meeting up with friends for gathering and makan sessions. Busy busy busy...but I am enjoying every minute of it.

    Through my busy schedule, I have also experienced lots of emotions through things/occurences happening to me, my friends or pple around me.

    Feelings of:~

    ~ insecurity from unstable jobs held or inability to secure jobs during this economic downturn;
    ~ fear of having insufficient money to make ends meet;

    ~ being lost at what one should do in future or which career path to take;

    ~ despair as one faces the probability of divorce and a broken family for the child;

    ~ being embarrassed for being left on the shelf and not having found that special someone;

    ~ sadness for the loss of a dear friend and companion;


    VS

    ~ joy of spending happy times with friends drinking and making merry;

    ~ being touched that old friends are still there for you even after losing touch for some time;

    ~ anxiety over meeting new friends;

    ~ sweetness of dating and finding that someone special;

    ~ happiness of having someone to care for you and give u encouraging words when needed;


    I also just passed a weekend of life's high and low, not the highest or the lowest but sufficient for me to go into another of my self-reflection session.

    Besides spending a lot of quality time with myself during my 2 swimming sessions last week (coz both Kim and Mabel were sick...get well soon and stay healthy k!), maple until shiok, I also had a great BBQ time last friday with my colleagues and friends. The BBQ continued to a night of drinking, chatting and prata...lol!

    Photos from the BBQ


    It was fun hanging out, eating and chatting on a Friday night...reached home abt 5am plus on Sat and decided to stay awake coz I had to collect my new IC (its the regulation that all Singaporean who reaches the age of 30 has to re-register their IC) that morning. So, I mapled from then till I left the house at 10am plus, got my IC and came back ard noon, ate my lunch and continued mapling till a received a very sad news...

    One of my maple friend, a 72 year old granny (her family of 3 generations play MapleStory...cool huh), passed away on Sat morning. T_T

    I shall skip the details abt her death as it is rather personal and will likely sadden her family if they see this post. But the news came as an utter shock coz we just had a gathering a week before and met her in real life for the very first time. Decided to put up this post in our Maple Guild Blog for all those who knew her leave some messages:

    http://kabishms.blogspot.com/2009/04/in-loving-memory-of-granny-xksg1x.html


    Then I start recalling what was I doing at the time of her death?

    I was mapling... :(

    And the hours before while she was suffering?

    I was making merry with my friends... :(

    Such is life. Happy and Sad events may occur at the same time and space to different people. So sudden. So shocking. So helpless we are to control them...

    No comments: