Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, April 11, 2009

    Tiramisu Hunt 1 - 8.5/10

    Here begins a new adventure for me...What adventure???

    My hunt for the best Tiramisu...

    I wouldnt say that Tiramisu is my favourite dessert but lately I have acquired a liking to it.

    The soft moist biscuit base flavoured with a mixture of coffee and liquour. Plus the mousse-like creamy layer topped with chocolate powder to finish off the look. Unless wat some may think, the traditional Tiramisu is not the cake-like dessert sold in Cafes such as Coffee Bean or Starbucks. It is the mousse-like thingy tat I am coming to like.

    I started off my hunt with a bang!

    Tiramisu from Prego @ Fairmont

    As I have not tried many Tiramisu yet, I shall refrain from rating. However, I must commend on the taste of this 1st Tiramisu of my hunt....bagus!

    I also tried a weird version of Cheesecake at Prego (I forgot the name of this dessert). It came with Strawberries on top of a small layer of cheesecake, some raisins and apricot? (ok, am not sure if those yellow thingy with the raisins are apricot), and Berry Sherbet. Its not really to my liking as the cheesecake lack the taste tat I am used to. Its neither rich in flavour like the western cheesecake nor is it light like the japanese cheesecake.


    Await my next entry on my Tiramisu Hunt!

    No comments: