Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, March 16, 2006

    TIME

    Think I have been lazing in my own la-la land for way too long. Not really efficient nor enthusiastic at work anymore, and pretty much spend most of my working hours either chatting w frens (on msn) or w colleagues....and of coz the dozing off and napping part...sigh...

    This is not the kind of working life I was looking forward to when I opted to study my part time degree. My goal was to be able to do something more than just administrative work, to actually climb the corporate ladder and excel in watever area I am working in. Of coz with it was the wish tat I will be able to earn more and lead the kind of luxurious lifestyle tat most pple yearn.

    Not too sure wat happened, but my view and thinking seems to have changed drastically after I returned from Perth last nov...instead of moving forward to accept and undertake new challenges, I am retreating backwards to take things slowly and actually demanding so much less of myself. I have the view now tat there are so much more things tat are more impt than work, career and money. Not tat the 3 are not impt, but I believe tat lifestyle is essential...the way we lead our lives, who n how we spend our time with, whether u feel happy deep inside, whether u end of the day by thinking tat "Oh, today was a day well spent and I feel great!".

    Now, my frens and pple ard me seems to have surpassed me in the level of enthusiasm at their work and their ambitious effort to excel in their job and career. Am I lagging behind??? Sigh, many a times I qs myself if I shld once again psycho myself back into the "old me" but then I contradict tat wat I need now is TIME.

    I need TIME to gain enuff experience in order to move to a pasture with greener grass.
    I need TIME to sharpen my skills and become a professional in the work I do.
    I need TIME to build strong working relationships with colleagues.
    I need TIME to find better opportunities out there.
    I need TIME to stabilize my career and get a steady income.
    I need TIME to take up all the courses that I want to do and learn.
    I need TIME to open my heart to believe that true love exist.
    I need TIME to find the One and learn to trust and love him.
    I need TIME to learn to rely on the One and not carry the burden of life on my own shoulders.

    If I do not have the TIME to do the above, I will have to learn to live with it...."life is not a bed of roses"...

    No comments: