Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, September 12, 2007

    Did all of u feel the TREMOR???

    Did all of u feel the ~ tremor ~ today?

    I was working until 7pm plus tonight and felt my world "shook". Was happily chatting with my colleagues when one of them shouted out of her room - "Did anyone feel the whole office shook?"...din really make out wat she shouted until my other colleague told me.

    No wonder I was feeling dizzy then. Initially I tot it was my usual "ping xue" causing my giddiness...then my colleagues affirmed that it was our whole surrounding shaking and not just in my head. Dunno whether to be relieved or worried...

    News reported 3 earthquake shocks experienced in Indonesia with the force of 6 to 8 (one of them is 7.9)on the Richter scale. No wonder Singapore felt such a big tremor which lasted a few minutes.

    So wat should we do when we experience an earthquake? Got a few simple points which I caught on the news:
    - take cover under sturdy table or door archway
    - stay away from windows or anything with glass surfaces
    - stay away from wall with hanging objects
    - DO NOT take the lifts
    - evacuated to open field/area if possible

    My office building management is really lousy in their emergency measures. We only heard the PA system sound after the tremor and they wrongly announced that the "fire alarm" rang and they are looking into the cause. Then after a couple of minutes, they announced that it was a false alarm.

    Only when my colleague called them and informed tat it was actually a "tremor" felt and not a "fire"...then they corrected themselves on the PA system and told everyone tat it was a tremor but its over and tat everyone should remain calm...duh...duh...more duh...not calm then how? Wait for their announcement, we all DEAD le lah (if there is really an earthquake in Singapore).

    In comparison, the management/security personnel in Ocean Towers is much more efficient and sensible. When I rushed down to take my yoga class at 8pm, they barred all access into the building and I could see that pple inside were also evacuated out of the building. This is wat I call "Emergency Measures".

    Haiz...missed yoga again today...been lazing too much lately....sigh...

    No comments: