Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, October 18, 2008

    Idiots in the Office

    Decided to blog on "Idiots in the office" coz I am sure we encounter similar situations at least once in our working life.

    Notice 1:
    If you happen to know the situations described below or know the people I am describing, please do not feel offended or upset about my post. I mean to share, not to upset.

    Notice 2:
    If you happen to be one of the Idiot I am talking about below...well, I guess you probably won't know that I am talking about you and therefore won't feel upset.

    Notice 3:
    If you happen to not understand what I have describe below...hmmm...I think you are probably the Idiot.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Boss asked A and B to destroy certain old documents by removing them from the files and tearing them into 2 before discarding.

    A and B proceeded to tear the papers when I comes along and asked them what they are doing (I being a busybody aka KPO).

    I: What are u two doing?
    A & B: Tearing paper
    I: Why?
    A: Old documents, boss asked us to destroy and throw.
    I: Why not use the shredder?
    A: There are too many staplets (staple bullets...aiyah watever u call them) in there, if use shredder, it will spoil the machine.
    I: Oh... (and I walks away)

    Second Day...

    A and B were still tearing the papers. I again came to them.

    I: U all still tearing ah...I still think u should use the shredder.
    A: Already told u, cannot use shredder because got too many staplets. It will take far more time to remove the staplets then to just tear. Anyway, Boss also told us to just tear into half and throw can already.
    I: This too slow lah, use shredder faster.
    A: Cannot la.
    I: Ok but I think this is not the right way to destroy documents. Should shred them into pieces la.
    A: Boss said can. U go tell her la.

    A gives up explaining and I walks away.

    Then, A was having lunch with C and telling her about this incident with I.

    C: Oh, I also came to me and talked to me about that. He told me that the papers shouldnt be just torn into 2 parts and thrown because people can paste them back and that we should shred the papers instead.
    A: I give up. Told him cannot shred already...got so many staplets.
    C: Yah, and Boss was the one who said can tear into half. Boss also tear into half.
    A: Yah, wat is wrong with him? Hard to understand wat we said?

    Do you understand????

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    A and I are engineers in the same company. Their work involves working with figures and solving equations in real life situations.

    One day, A asked I to solve a mathematical equation that involves substitution. (Honestly I dont quite recall how to do substition but am sure I can work it out if given time.)

    After a long time, I passed A wrong answer and A looked at him in frustration and told him that its wrong and asked I to find out where he went wrong.

    Here is a simple explanation (which I came up with) showing the part where I has gone wrong:

    Problem:
    a/b + c/d = ?


    I's Answer:
    (a+c)/(b+d)



    Got wats wrong? Lets just put some figures in...

    The correct answer:
    1/4 + 3/8 = 2/8 + 3/8 = 5/8



    using I's Answer:
    1/4 + 3/8 = (1+3)/(4+8) = 4/12 = 1/3


    Gosh...this is primary maths....and I is an engineer.....and guess wat? Think he still dun get where he went wrong...

    No comments: