Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, November 02, 2008

    Ad-hoc

    Its been about a week since I returned from my Genting trip with family. Am still sorting the photos and waiting for my bro's set of photos for compilation before I put them on blog.

    Anyway, was going through my database of photos and realised that I took quite a lot of "ad-hoc" photos, all the way from early this year, which I did not put up on blog.

    Here they are anyway, in no particular order and randomly narrated as wat I remembered my thoughts were at the times I took those photos.

    **********************************************************************************
    Saw this self-made poster (in clear fonts and well laminated) on an overhead bridge one day.

    <


    Wat does the poster mean by "Fast Cash"?

    => "Ah-Long" (unlicensed moneylender) service???

    **********************************************************************************

    Was in Changi Airport Terminal 2 with frens one night.




    While waiting for them to come out of the restroom, I was just randomly looking at the directories nearby the burger king and coffee bean area.






    And notice wat is wrong?





    Got it???

    Well, I did say from the start I was in Terminal 2...

    (I guess the directories would have been changed by now...coz the above photos were taken in April 2008)

    **********************************************************************************

    One of my favourite pair of red heels bought on impulse. I love the height and the beautiful shade of red...but man...this heels cut the back of my ankle pretty badly when I first wore it.




    **********************************************************************************

    Enjoyed a hot chocolate drink at McCafe in East Coast while waiting for Amrita one early morning. Isnt the "star" design pretty? Hehe....McDonalds can have standard too...LOL...but then again, their hot chocolate seems a little diluted.




    **********************************************************************************

    Gwen gave me a treat at Marina Mandarin Hotel Lobby. We love to go there for a drink and chat and sometimes to enjoy the live musical performances on friday nights.



    Yummy looking chocolate eclairs.




    **********************************************************************************

    A gathering at Kushin-bo with my "xiao-meis".




    Been a long time since I met up with all 3 of them. Now, its going to be even harder to meet up with all becoz Zhenwei has opened a pushcart stall in Orchard Cineleisure selling fashion bags!

    Bravo! A young entrepreneur among my frens! Will blog abt her stall once I get more info from her.

    **********************************************************************************

    I am not a big fan of coffee so I dun really patronise those higher-end coffee cafes such as Coffee Club, TCC, etc.

    However, on my way to work daily, I do pass by this TCC outlet along Robinson Road just on your way out of Raffles MRT tunnel exit F (if I dun remember wrongly...or it could be exit E)...anyway, its across the road from AIA.

    The shop design of this TCC outlet is classy and the furnishing is artistic, I like the ambience of the place and went to try out the food twice so far. Once for lunch with Jenny and a dinner with Gwen.

    Nice place and good food at restaurant prices. Can't say much abt their coffee coz I din try...just took a regular drink.




    **********************************************************************************

    These photos are long long overdue...some colleagues and myself went to Christina's place to hang out on a friday night.

    Stuffed ourselves with lots of pizzas, fried chickens and chips. Then drank quite a bit playing card games late into the night.

    Here are the photos of Christina's darlings (not very well taken with my handphone camera):

    Scones



    Aiko



    **********************************************************************************

    Our National Day celebration in the office was rather interesting, coz of some of our creativity.

    A colleague printed the picture of a Singapore flag and made a mini flag pole.

    A cute mini Singapore flag




    And a "not so well drawn" Singapore flag




    Then we were inspired to recite the national pledge after our lunch. How patriotic.

    Singapore National Pledge




    And we came up with our very own WTL pledge! Which our S.C. laughed out when she saw and read it out loud...haha...enjoy....

    Our WTL pledge




    **********************************************************************************

    Now, for a story abt the Happy Mandarin Orange (shall call it HMO).

    HMO was living happily with a load of frens in a carton until some evil trader decided to separate them and sold to some buyers during Chinese New Year (CNY). As in CNY tradition, oranges changed hands during visiting of frens and families to signify well wishes. So HMO was being sent from places to places.

    Finally, HMO ended up with Christina in our office one day and got itself involve in an experiment. Christina wanted to know how mandarin orange will turn out if left on the office table for a long long period of time.



    So HMO sat lonely for many many days, many many months...braving through the cold aircon days and hot stuffy nights.




    Finally on Halloween, Christina decided to tear HMO apart to see wat is in the then dry and wrinkly orange.

    OMG!!! HMO is MMO now!!!






    Mouldy Mandarin Orange - MMO

    The End

    No comments: