Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, November 07, 2008

    Idiots In The Office Part 2

    Due to favourable feedbacks on my first posting of "Idiots In The Office", I decided to do a Part 2. Oh wait...maybe my reason for doing a Part 2 posting is because there are really many idiots in the office! @_@


    DISCLAIMER

    Notice 1:
    If you happen to know the situations described below or know the people I am describing, please do not feel offended or upset about my post. I mean to share, not to upset.

    Notice 2:
    If you happen to be one of the Idiot I am talking about below...well, I guess you probably won't know that I am talking about you and therefore won't feel upset.

    Notice 3:
    If you happen not to understand what I have described below...hmmm...I think you are probably an Idiot too.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    A was working late in the office one night (as she usually does) when I and a few colleagues who are also working late decided to go out and have their dinner.

    With the knowledge that A is still in the office, I and gang omitted to inform A that they are going out for dinner and would be coming back to the office.

    At 9pm plus, A finally decided to pack up and go home. So as a standard procedure, she checked all the rooms in the office to make sure that no one else is around and all the lights are off (none of the room lights were on anyway) before she locked the front entrance and headed home.

    A received a phone call from I at 10pm plus just as she was stepping out of the MRT station near her home.

    I: Wei A, where are you huh?
    A: Just stepped out of MRT near my home. Why?
    I: We are locked out of the office! We only went out for dinner, why did you lock us out?
    A: Erm, I lock up because I was the last person in the office. I went around to check but no one around, so of course I have to lock up.
    I: But we got leave our room lights on mah!
    A: No ah, I went to check all the rooms. None of the lights in the room were on.
    I: Aiyah, then how?! You come back to the office now and help us unlock the front door leh!
    A: I am sorry I can't do that, its too far away... (it took A about an hour to reach home)
    <I grumbles...then hung up>

    Next day, I shot some 'dirty looks' at A when they encounter each other in the office.

    This is unfounded lor! I is an absolute IDIOT!

    Why???

    1. Everyone in the office is assigned a key to the front door, therefore the last person to leave the office MUST check that all the lights are off then lock the office up before going off.
    ~ A did all the necessary checks and locked up

    2. Anyone who stayed late to do his/her work in the office SHOULD remember to bring the key with him/her when going for dinner or restroom breaks.
    ~ Since I and gang went out for dinner together, its ridiculous none of them brought their key.

    3. It is common courtesy to let someone else who is still in the office know that you are going out for dinner and check if he/she will still be around when you come back later.
    ~ I did not inform A about going out for dinner and coming back after that.

    4. No one should assume that fellow colleagues will work till late every night just because they happen to work late most days of the week.
    ~ What the hell was I and gang thinking when they expect someone to be still in the office at 10pm plus!!!

    5. When you have been locked out of the office for reason of your own stupidity, don't be insensitive and expect others to come all the way back to your rescue.
    ~ I wanted A to travel all the way back to the office and did not even suggest paying for her cab fare to and fro. Like that who want to do that! Siao...

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    No comments: