Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, November 12, 2008

    Chicken Pox Horror!

    For some, chicken pox is really nothing but just something u will get at least once in ur life. Itchy spots will appear tat are evidence of ur body expulging the toxin from within and if u manage not to scratch those spots, ur skin will be smoother after the chicken pox subside and the dead skin drops off.

    For others, chicken pox is an ordeal. Spots and watery pox (I hv no better way to describe these blobs) will cover almost every part of their bodies. The itch will almost kill them and keep them uneasy no matter whether they are sitting, lying or sleeping. Some will even feel pain from those spots. And not to mention the bodyaches and fever tat is part of the bundle tat comes with chicken pox.

    I am on Day 4 of my chicken pox and though I am in excruciating pain like some, nor am I fully covered with pox, they are nevertheless itchy and irritating.

    I thought abt taking some pictures of my pox but then decided not to disgust all of u as I did when I had my monster ulcers last time.

    Just an advice to some who havent had their chicken pox, they dun exactly come the same way as wat the elderly might say (at least my mum said this). It differs from person to person.

    On Sunday when I suddenly felt feverish in the afternoon and discovered a slight lump on my neck just beneath my right ear, I dismissed it as just my body getting too heaty. So I slept my fever away and when I woke up in the evening, I felt weak and my whole body was aching. I also discovered a spot like an ant bite on my left hand and two more on my back. They looked kinda dubious coz I am quite sure there aint no ants on my bed. When I complained to my mum, she insisted its nothing.

    Next day I woke up, I couldnt even get up! My whole body ache badly and I couldnt really bend. Then I found maybe two more spots on my hands. Again I asked my mum if it could be chicken pox (coz my colleague just had shingles...heard tat it can spread to pple: those who havent had chicken pox will get the pox and those who already had the pox will get shingles), and she insisted it couldnt be coz "pple will normally have fever for a few days and its not so easy for chicken pox to come out". My doc said its allergy and gave me medicine for allergy and muscle relaxant.

    Further into the 2nd Day, I realise more spots coming out and kept wondering wats wrong with me. If its not chicken pox, wat issit?

    Day 3, I woke up with less bodyache but more spots seems to have sprouted since I seen the doc. Finally my mum went to some chinese medical hall nearby and asked and they confirmed that its either chicken pox or measles. So, off I went to the doc again and this time he finally gave the verdict tat I indeed got the chicken pox! Wham, 14 days mc and some medicine for the pox, itchiness and panadol. Think western doc really cant help in this case. My mum said have to drink lots of herbal tea.

    So here I am, Day 4 of my chicken pox as I watch more and more spots appear everywhere on my body and face and hands and legs....and these spots becoming watery pox....yicks! They start to itch and I am not supposed to scratch them so I wouldnt leave scars. Argh....its killing me. Think I might be able to handle the pain better....this itch is really........

    Well, will put more updates when I wana keep my hands busy typing so tat I will forget abt scratching.....(hmm...wat shld I do tmr...its getting boring...)

    No comments: