Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, December 31, 2008

    Christmas 2008

    Christmas this year started early. We had our family Xmas lunch like on 22 December already. This year I got kinda lazy and did not set up the small Xmas tree nor put up any decorations. So, it felt more like a family lunch gathering than Xmas.

    But the presents make up for it....look how pretty...one for everyone! ^_^



    And thanks to Christina and her recipe, I made stew this year! It was supposed to be Hog Stew but by the time she brought me grocery shopping at Carrefour, their hogs were sold out. So I made do and did Sausage Stew instead. Yummy still!

    Improvised Sausage Stew


    Other dishes that were prepared by both my mum and me were (clockwise from top-left) : Chicken, Samosa, Roasted Garlic, Fried Spring Rolls, Ham and Fried Sotong Balls. My bro cooked the main dish of Seafood Cabonara Spaghetti (I forgot to take a pic of it) and it taste really good.




    Roasted Garlic (also taught by Christina...a pity the top of the garlic turned out a bit more burnt than the middle cooked)



    Mango with Prawn Skewer



    A nice simple lunch and then we played Wii which my bro just bought for family entertainment. Just a simple game of Wii Sports had our family laughing and bowling over.


    Charmaine doing a fake smile



    Everyone getting excited over a game of bowling....hmmm, maybe except for Ray coz he doesnt really get the game.




    Have to brag about this - Charmaine can bowl on Wii really well. She is the BEST in the family and got a high score of 230+. She got a record of hitting 6 STRIKES in a row! Very scary lor....the best I did was a Turkey. T_T

    Charmaine in action



    My cousin Yanling trying to grasp the game



    My other cousin LiangSheng at the game too.



    Glad that this Christmas went well...food is good (thanks to Christina again!) and we had fun...marks a good ending for the year.

    No comments: