Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, May 15, 2009

    "Hiao" Days Are Here

    Its a woman's prerogative to be vain or "hiao". And although men might complain about women spending too much time or money on beautifying themselves, men cannot deny tat the result of such effort and/or money spent is worthwhile and sometimes rewarding.

    Recently I have been exposed to this feminine side of me when a good fren suddenly developed an interest in dolling herself up (I think she finally woke up from her years of hibernation and finally discovered her GIRLY self...hehe).

    Its not that I have no knowledge of fashion and cosmetics but think I am just too lazy to doll myself up daily.

    Mix-matching clothes, handbags and shoes; hairstyling; manicure & pedicure; make-up; skin-care; grooming; etc....SEE, so much to take care of as a GIRL. Sigh...ya lah, I sort of agree with the saying "There is no such thing as UGLY GIRLS, only LAZY GIRLS", and I just happen to fall in the 2nd category :P

    So far, we have been exploring in general areas such as:
    1. shopping for clothes, undies, bags and shoes (which we have always been doing lah)
    2. manicure & pedicure (we're having fun trying out the colours and using nail art stickers)
    3. hairstyling (we tried both the straightening & curling iron but with not much success. No wonder we need salons and our hairstylists...thanks JACK!)
    4. make-up (this is a tough area, although I know the basics of how to apply foundation, powder, eyeshadow, blusher and lipstick...I do not really practice. My fren is learning though...maybe in time I will learn together with her or from her how to draw eyeliner and mascara or even put fake lashes.)

    Meanwhile, I happened upon this interesting makeup and beauty blogsite by Andy Lee (makeup artist for some Mediacorp Artistes) @ http://andyleemakeup.blogspot.com/

    Can find information on some cool new beauty products, makeup tips and even step-by-step makeup instructions in his blog. Kewl...

    No comments: