Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, May 16, 2009

    Tiramisu Hunt 2 - 7.5/10

    I chanced upon some forum comments on cakes on offer at Intercontinental Singapore after dunno wat time (yah yah, I din read the post properly) and there was some mention of Tiramisu in their.

    So, when I was shopping and having dinner at Bugis one evening, I decided to go there and check out the dessert menu.

    The Olive Tree Restaurant at Intercontinental Hotel, Singapore. I have been there for buffet lunch once and the food is quite good...hotel standard I should say.

    Anyway, I was there that evening and saw a queue at the counter for take-outs and the cakes and pastries were selling fast. As I had wanted to enjoy my dessert and some tea maybe, I asked the concierge if they serve cakes in the restaurant itself, which they do...but I was told that if I bought the cake for take-away, its at half the price they charge u if u ate in the restaurant! Preposterous!

    So I bought the cake for take-away and ate at MacDonalds with a nice Ice Milo rather than my favourite Earl Grey Tea (only available at cafes and restaurants, not fast food).

    Tiramisu Cake from Olive Tree Restaurant @ Intercontinental

    3 layers of coffee flavoured cake (I wonder if there was a tint of liquour taste as well) with soft cream in-between topped with a layer of chocolate powder and chocolate pieces for decoration.
    Based on the taste and texture, Prego's Tiramisu (from my first hunt) won hands down. But I guess u cant compare cakes with tat...so comparing with other Tiramisu cakes I have eaten before (Coffee Bean, Starbucks, etc), this one is good!
    So, anyone know of places which serve tasty Tiramisu?

    No comments: