Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 21, 2007

    Pasir Ris Fauna Farm Trip

    It was a special day yesterday. My bro and I took leave to bring Charmaine on a school trip! Isnt that exciting? Shu Shu and Gu Gu's day out with Charmaine. ^^

    Went with Charmaine to childcare centre early at 7.30am! I was the first "parent" there... :P ....ya, kiasu....zzzzz.....No lah, I din wana go later coz the teachers there dun recognize me and I was afraid that Charmaine will not greet me and thus the teachers might think I am a kidnapper...blah blah blah.....keke.

    It started out a bit awkward as I did not know the teachers there and the kids of coz, so I was following Charmaine ard and asking me to show me this and that lah. Then we sat down to stack some coloured bricks and the kids started joining in...one of them asked if I was a new teacher there (LOL!!! Me a teacher?!!! LOL!!!).

    Surprisingly, I found Charmaine pretty quiet in school...hmm, she is a lot more chatty and active at home. Her best friend, Jing Xuan wasnt ard coz she did not sign up to go for the school trip. But Charmaine got herself 2 bodyguards: Damian (left) and Ah Boon (right)


    And here's a pic where Charmaine hides her face in a hat and Damian was mirroring her...keke...


    Me having fun with the kids.


    We only set off from the centre at 10am to the Pasir Ris Fauna Farm. I forgot to take a pic of the Farm's signboard (goes to show I'm still not good at blogging w pics). Quite a bit of time was wasted at the farm, while the teachers organize the kids, bring them to the toilet and the farm representative explained the itinerary and safety notes.

    See how bored Charmaine got while waiting to enter...zzzzzzz.....


    Basically there is 3 parts to the tour of the farm: Fishing, Animal Show & Animal Feeding

    1) Fishing
    Firstly, u fill the bucket with water. Not too much or the fishes u catch and put inside will jump out...but not too little of the fishes will die.


    Then, u start fishing!

    Hmm Charmaine, this is not how u fish.


    Let Shu Shu show u ^^


    See??....oops, no fish???


    Huh...Charmaine, u dun wana fish anymore? (Btw, I think my bro takes really horrid pics...he took an ugly shot of me and Charmaine's backview!!! Which camera man does tat?!!)


    But luckily another pic he took saved the day....I like this pic out of the bunch...seems to tell a story....


    Finally! Some fishes!!!


    Come...lets pack up for the day...enuff fishing for now


    Actually most of the fishing is done by the parents and teachers lah...kinda difficult to catch the fishes as they swim very fast.

    2) Animal Show
    I din really watch much of the animal show coz by this time, most of the kids are hungry...was busy taking food out for Charmaine and passing tissues ard. But I did take a few pics.

    Race between 2 white mice...its interesting to see how they circle down the rope to reach the bottom of the swing.


    Charmaine shrinking away from the cute rabbit...think she is afraid of touching animals...hmm, they should be more afraid of her ba -_lll


    Then off we went to feed the animals!

    3) Animal Feeding
    We were given animal food to feed Koi fishes, chickens, ducks and a goose.

    Let's feed the Koi fishes!


    Smile Charmaine ^^


    Here are the ducks....No! Of coz I am not eating the animal food! -_lll



    We were all pretty tired after tat. Had a small break with food and drinks and a short ride back to the childcare centre. I was pretty happy to see my mum as we could finally unload Charmaine off to her grandma, who is more than happy to feed her, bathe her and tuck her in bed.

    Only sad thing abt the day is....my cough worsened and flu developed....so, here I am sniffing away in front of my com....need to go see doc le....T_T

    All of u, take care of ur health o!

    No comments: