Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, May 08, 2007

    Sauna at Bird Park

    I went to Jurong Bird Park with family on Sunday. Cant believe tat it was my first visit there...fancy growing up and living in Spore for 28 years and only went there now...keke...*paiseh*

    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Outing with Charmaine and Ray is always fun except for times when they whine and throw tantrums. Luckily, they were both pretty well behaved on Sunday but Ray still had a bit of running nose. Hmm...recently flu and cold virus are going ard...I also had cold last Fri and Sat...cost me yoga lessons on Sat T_T I had really wanted to go.

    Anyway, weather's been a bit crazy lately...rain and sunshine having no schedule and coming out when they feel like it. Sunday was blazing hot and a bit unbearable. In fact, we covered very few areas in the bird park coz of the heat - Penguin area, Flamingo area and Swan Lake. We did however watch a bird show. Quite a cute show for kids lah...but nothing "wow". Wat I do remember there is the expensive ice cream they sell in bird park. I bought the Magnolia (I think its this brand...maybe I remember wrong) cone ice cream for $2.50 each! Gosh...daylight robbery!!! Hmm...I tot they used to sell this type of cone ice cream for $1??? Besides that, there are Ben & Jerry's ice cream almost everywhere inside (they also have a Ben & Jerry ice cream parlour there near the souvenir shop).

    Huh? Why so much abt the ice cream? Well, coz it was damn hot tat day...yeah ~~~ LAME ~~~

    Though I have not been to bird park before, both my 2nd bro and sis-in-law said that the place seems to have changed. But then they were really young when they were last there...so I guess improvements would definitely have been made.

    We had lunch at a nearby Hilltop restaurant which serves Japanese, Teppanyaki and Indonesian food. Place and environment were pretty ok but it was bloody hot up there...imagine the scorching sun! If not for the aircon in the restaurant...think the place would have closed shop long ago. Plus the food was a bit below average...not a place I would return to unless I had no other choice.

    Was pretty amazed that we returned home at abt 3pm plus tat day...tats pretty early since we only set off at 9am plus...an outing which has been shortened by the hot weather.

    PS: Its a wonder we din see roasted pigeon there...keke...

    No comments: