Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, December 05, 2007

    Weddings, weddings, weddings

    As the title suggests, it seems tat I have been hearing a lot abt weddings lately. People ard me seems to be getting married 1-by-1, since October this year...maybe this few months are auspicious months.

    Attended an afternoon wedding lunch - Grace's wedding actually...and got another wedding dinner next Sunday....like never ending wo....even the retailers are capitalizing on the "wedding" mood going ard.

    Faerie 1

    Faerie 2

    "Faeries" exhibition I saw in Suntec last Sat. Such pretty bride models put up by Goldheart :)

    *****************************************************************

    Now to back track a bit on my entries...since I have not been updating often.

    I went Xmas Shopping last Sat, 1 Dec 2007.

    So glad I managed to drag Kim to join me. We started from Plaza Singapura and shopped all the way to Wisma Atria. Orchard Road is so crowded and the weather was pretty hot tat we gave up after we reach Takashimaya. By then, I only got 2 presents. Think I old liao, worn out pretty fast and I was glad to sit down at Starbucks and have a drink and rest.

    After a long long rest, we set off for Suntec (which is still my favourite hangout) where I managed to locate a couple more xmas gifts ^^ ....such a fruitful shopping trip.

    Kris joined us for dinner at Swiss Culture. The food there is great lah. Among all the restaurants on the top floor of Towers 1 and 2, Swiss Culture is fully seated, losing only to the Jap buffet restaurant at the corner. Look at the yummy food below....

    SwissCulture-1Dec07_1
    SwissCulture-1Dec07_2
    SwissCulture-1Dec07_3
    SwissCulture-1Dec07_4
    SwissCulture-1Dec07_5
    SwissCulture-1Dec07_6

    Thank U, Kim and Kris for helping me with my Xmas shopping!

    *****************************************************************

    I am falling in love with Clarke Quay at night lah!

    Met Gwen, Leo and my bro at Clarke Quay last Fri, 30 Nov 2007.

    Clarke Quay-30Nov07_9

    I told them to meet at this spot:

    Clarke Quay-30Nov07_10
    "The Vertical Bungee Jump at Clarke Quay"

    Do u know the spot? Very difficult to find meh? If ask u to meet me at the spot, would u know how to get there from Clarke Quay MRT?

    Happened tat the 2 "bo-bos" (Gwen and Leo) din know how to....Zzzzzz......end up have to all meet in the MRT instead.

    We had dinner at the Lotus Grill Restaurant at Clarke Quay. They have indoor seating plus some seats in the boats! Rather interesting to dine in a boat...feeling the slight breeze and the bit of rocking...keke...they serve oriental food...quite good but a bit expensive. $140+ for 4 persons...wat do u think?

    Clarke Quay-30Nov07_1

    Clarke Quay-30Nov07_7

    Then we had a stroll along Clarke Quay and I took some pics with my not so good resolution handphone...hehe....training to be a good blogger...but then, made me look like a tourist there.
    :P

    Clarke Quay-30Nov07_2

    Clarke Quay-30Nov07_5

    Clarke Quay-30Nov07_4

    We saw a gorgeous Xmas Tree at Central @ !

    Clarke Quay-30Nov07_11

    And sat down at O'Briens for a drink at chat. Think Leo and my bro are the smart ones...their drinks look rather normal....

    Clarke Quay-30Nov07_12

    while Gwen's and mine look like "puke"/"vomit" T_T. Lucky it they taste ok. LOL!

    Clarke Quay-30Nov07_13

    It was a rather relaxing and fun dinner. Must try to get out more I guess.

    *****************************************************************

    24 Nov 2007

    Its been almost a year since me and my SIM schoolmates had a gathering. With everyone working and some still doing their part-time studies, its no wonder tat we hardly have time to spare.

    So it came as no surprise that the final turnout was only 7 of us. Our host did a splendid job with the array of food we had. Yummy! (yes, me the lousy blogger forgot to take pics..haiz...)

    After dinner, we sat in front of the TV and enjoyed some wine, chatting, tv...and karaoke session. It was pretty fun tat time flew...before we noticed, it was late and we decided to stay over. Our host very good lah...got those sofas which can convert into relaxing chairs sort. Very comfy for short naps. But I din sleep a wink!

    *****************************************************************

    Birthday Duo - 18 Nov 2007

    We had a simple birthday celebration at home for my eldest bro and cousin. Of coz it still pretty much felt like Ray's and Charmaine's birthdays instead.

    Some pics to show:

    Bro Bdae-18Nov07_1

    Bro Bdae-18Nov07_2

    Bro Bdae-18Nov07_3

    Bro Bdae-18Nov07_4


    ******************************************************************

    Another Chocolate Fondue session on 17 Nov 2007 at Kim's place with Kris and Mabel.

    This time we had more to dip in the chocolate: (anti clockwise - mini marshmallow, bananas, strawberries, canned pineapples, canned cocktail)

    Choc Fondue-17Nov07_1

    Choc Fondue-17Nov07_3
    "Yummy"

    ******************************************************************
    The End - till the next time I blog.... ^^

    No comments: