Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, January 17, 2010

    Being Aware

    I seems to be having lots of reflection sessions lately. Not just on my life direction but the surroundings and the whole world at large.

    I have never been the kind of person who keeps up with the current affairs in Singapore, much less the whole world. But every now and then I do feel a little embarressed tat I know so little abt the world and many many things out there. Its not tat there are no sources of info available to me or tat I am uneducated and couldnt understand wat is written...its simply coz I am lazy and cant be bothered to find out. Yah...scold me stupid... (-_-)

    Anyway, as the new year roll in, my thoughts of switching jobs and changing a new working environment linger while I am still waiting for news on my last year's bonus announcement. Tired of working in my current job while trying not to be too sick of it or drag my feet to work.

    Sure, my Batam trip on the first week did help but reality sets in the moment I return (oh yah, will blog on my trip next after I download the pictures from my digital cam).

    Sigh.

    The same idiot and his gang in the office. Portions of my work which I don't really enjoy and beginning to resent. Working environment which is consistently bad and just waiting for a chance to blow. Hope I could jump ship before the working environment deteriorate.

    Double Sigh.

    The good thing is I still have my family, friends and gaming. Such a comfort to have these consistent factors.

    A home-cooked meal, a home-packed lunchbox, my niece's and nephew's squeals, my bro driving me to work so I can rest/sleep in his car, meeting a friend for dinner after work, meeting friends for coffee and gossips, shopping and movies with friends, gaming with friends, etc, etc...

    ^_^

    Ok back to the part on my reflections.

    Recent movies tat I watched left me messages which I decoded as the true meanings of the shows, or maybe I am thinking too much into it but who cares. Below are just the decoded messages I got from the movies and not the synopsis or details on them...go watch the movies urself if u are interested in them.

    1. Daybreakers



    I feel tat since the vampires (the majority) are so clever and they basically live like humans (work, eat and sleep) except for the fact abt their diet and they work at night, they should have long anticipated tat their food supply (human blood) will run out in future as the population of humans drops.

    In such case, shouldn't they have done something to bring up the human population like catching humans and put them in a facility to breed them? Ok I know tat sounds crude but isn't tat wat we are doing with animals now...fishes, chickens, ducks, pigs, cows, etc. We humans credit ourselves as the clever species and so thought of the idea of rearing animals for food, so if vampires is smarter than humans, shouldn't they do the same things abt their food supply?


    2) The Blind Side



    I like this movie. Real heart warming.

    It highlights the racial issues in America - white vs black. I don't know the details as I am not really interested in history. Correct me if I am wrong - ages ago the black people were slaves of the white people and though time progresses and slavery is no longer in fashion, I believe many of the blacks did not move out of poverty and the imbalance in the American society formed a rift between the 2 races.

    A vicious cycle then developed. The poor got poorer. Most of the blacks were unable to get proper education tat shld have been available to all (by equal standards), get into bad company, destroy their lives and future (shall not go into details of these), then start giving births to kids which they cannot support and the cycle repeats. Sad...

    Second thing abt the movie is on Charity. Its great to do good deeds, help the poor, donate to charities, be a volunteer and etc. It helps even more if u r rich and u wana donate.

    Sandra Bullock in this show protrays a rich housewife who has probably nothing better to do than running the household and taking care of her husband and kids. Probably is her usual habit to do the occasional donating to charities like wat the other rich wives in the show do. But it sure took a lot of courage for her and her family to take in a total stranger and be kind and good to him. And luckily this black guy Michael is neither a crook nor a psychopath who will steal or kill the family.

    Her family did a most commendable thing than just feeding and sheltering him, they accepted him into their family. Salute! Not all Philanthropists can do tat...it takes heartfelt warmth and care and true opening of the heart to do tat. To be more specific, Sandra Bullock cared for Michael as if he was his real son, fed him, gave him a room to himself, cared for his feelings, guided him in his studies and thought abt his future. Are all foster parents this caring? I hope so.

    Go watch this movie before its too late and have ur wake up call.

    No comments: