Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, March 09, 2007

    Glam Vs Monotony

    I was reading on some frens' profiles in friendster last night and was rather depressed after tat. Its nice to read on frens' latest news and see their new pics...but....cant help feeling quite useless myself.

    One of my ex-school fren, P, was previously working in some media company. From her photos, can see tat she seems to be constantly surrounded by limelight and glam. She is tall, pretty, cute, has dimples and is popular. Also heard that she is in no short supply of suitors. Who doesnt envy this kind of life. Then recently saw in her profile that she is in some offshore work and those pics of her and her colleagues...wow! All of them look so glamourous lor!!! Guys are modern and trendy while Girls are pretty, shapely and fashionable. She must earn quite a bit too I guess.

    Another fren of mine, K, is a designer. Not personally close to her but heard from another fren that she designs jewellery. Also seen her in magazine shots of her in some function with celebrities and rich pple (chey! who else but rich pple attend this kind of function).

    This puts me to thinking that once upon a time, I also worked in the fashion industry and was in touch with certain designers and media pple (minimal contact though). However, I wondered that if I had continued in tat job, maybe I would be able to find a stand in the "glam light" too....or not! Since I am only a small fry there...sigh...

    Think the "green eye monster" living inside me is bursting to get out these days (read my "born with a silver spoon" post...)

    Reflecting on my life since leaving poly...it was a couple of years of job hopping thru different industries and kinds of jobs...then finally taking up and completed my part-time degree. Working in a contract position for nearing 2 yrs now, hoping to change job soon...but all in all...nothing much achieved! T_T So sad...frens my age seems to be doing so much better than me. My life now is so monotonous...work and home...also not going out much coz wana save $. No achievement to be proud of or brag abt. I feel sooooo....small....

    Only consolation is tat, at least I am moving away from the job hopping fate and trying to find my place in life. Maybe my colleague is right, I might be quite career minded (coz I have high cheek bones??)...maybe tats why I feel so useless now... T_T

    No comments: