Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, February 03, 2008

    CNY round the corner

    Chinese New Year is officially 4 days away. How times flies...I guess maybe coz CNY comes early this year too. I havent felt much of the CNY buzz and its already round the corner.

    I specially took leave last Thu to go CNY shopping with my mum. And the spot we picked is of coz Chinatown. Expecting it to be crowded, we went early...abt 10am plus...the shops and stalls were already opened by the time we arrived and instead of crowds of pple, we found many groups of school kids there...think they are probably some school trips to introduce the festive season to the younger generation. But guess its better to squeeze thru crowds of kids than crowds of smelly adults...haha!

    Never thought I will say this...amidst the irritating crowds and disgusting cockroaches, I miss walking thru the streets of Chinatown like I used to everyday when I was working in IPTO.

    Hmm...wat else happened this week...went for yoga on tuesday and had a shock when I went to the wrong class. Blame it on the staff there...gave me a wrong studio card and I just went in. Was resting and waiting for the instructor (I was expectine Ganesh)...when Issey walked right in! I had a shocked and thought maybe I entered the studio too early and maybe the previous class is still in progress. Then when he picked up his mic and was belting it on, I quickly made my escape :P .......dunno wat this is abt??? Well, Issey is an instructor who teaches the advances yoga classes: Power yoga, Combat, Hartha....I definitely CMI in his class lor.

    And I went to Pero's baby girl's 1 month old celebration just now. A simple affair held at her place for frens and family. Her baby girl, Vera, was too busy napping and sneaking peeks at us...keke! Cute! I din take any pics coz not really sure if its appriopriate to put her photo on my blog :P

    Anyway, not really excited abt CNY but definitely welcome the break of 4 days. Knowing tat there wont be tat much visiting, I am expecting a lot of rest for the coming week...yipee!

    No comments: