Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, November 02, 2006

    Are Talks Just Plain Boring?

    I just attended a talk this morning on service class standard. Its one of those blah-blah talk regarding what we shld do to keep up the service standard in our organization. As if boring contents is not enuff, we had a REALLY REALLY BORING speaker!

    U know how pple like to grade speakers on their ability to present and engage the audience in their talks. Well, I tot I met all the lousy ones already: Monotonous, boring, soft spoken, nervous, over-enthusiastic....

    This particular speaker top them all. He seems like a nice fella and all, but the moment he started his presentation, I went to 'La-la land'. He is not only monotonous, he tried to engage the audience by asking them to share experiences, but failed badly coz no one seems eager to participate. So there I was, dozing off and waking up once in a while to take a peek at wat's happening ard, only to fall right back to sleep again. Its a common thing for me to fall asleep during this type of training, talks or etc. But to sleep thru the whole session...power! well, that speaker has been condemned in my books. :P

    No comments: