Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, November 07, 2006

    Star Bloggers

    I was reading Xiaxue's (Wendy) blog yesterday when I came upon her recent post regarding another blogger Dawn Yang http://dawnyang.com . It was by no means a malicious post, more like Wendy expressing her displeasure at pple comparing her with Dawn and saying that Dawn is the "Hottest Blogger", better than Wendy herself.

    Personally, I dun get wat's the hype abt securing popularity thru one's blog. Hmmm, the possible advantages may be media coverage, advertisers interest to pay u for advertising their products, freebies from advertisers, free invitation to parties and events, invited to go on TV talk show....Ok, tat sounds like quite a lot of goodies...but think of the disadvantages: no privacy to post freely on own blog which is subjected to public comments, no freedom to blog as and when u like coz pple expect u to post regularly, some pple might hurl abuses and make hurtful remarks on ur looks, personality and behaviour (though Wendy said she doesnt care, but I am sure she must feel at least a little hurt to read those things), pressure to improve ur blogging style and blog coz u want pple to think u are interesting and stay interested in ur blog.

    Overall, I do admire both Wendy and Dawn on their well done blogs. However, everyone shld note that they are bloggers of different style and whenever possible, stop comparing the two. Wise readers shld just read whichever style suits their taste and interest them. In my personal opinion, I like Wendy's style more. As u can see, I linked her blog to my own blog and not Dawn's :)

    Though I am far from becoming a star blogger (ever), I do realise that I have improved in my blogging since when I start abt a year ago. At the start, I was merely posting on my daily happenings factually, like where I went, what I did, who I was with. Then, I evolved and put in more of my own thoughts and opinions instead of just reciting occurrences. Now, I am of a different league altogether...just read my recent posts and u will realise that I am writing creative stories (erm, bo liao though) and introducing to u the things tat I like (eg. 183 Club, K-dramas).

    I will endeavour to improve further and have just decided to look into changing my blogskin...change it to something more interesting than just pink...so, be patient while I hunt and try to change it as best as I could. Erm, no worries...I wont put the blogskin as 183 Club, though I like them...think some of u might not appreciate seeing them whenever u visit my blog...hahaha....

    No comments: