Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, February 28, 2007

    Bizarre 2 - Sifting

    The massive and amazing capacity and capability of our brain is beyond our wildest imagination.

    Yesterday I wondered abt the brain's power of "sifting" or some call it "filtering". I found that I have this ability to sift thru wat I see and hear...new skill wo!

    A couple of examples:

    I have this old 14" TV in my room which has lines showing when the TV is on (think the display spoil lah)...but I am able to "Not See" those lines and carry on watching my shows as per norm while my bro will be complaining abt them and grumble at me as to why I couldnt see those lines...keke

    My office is an open concept office where u can see ur colleagues from where u are seated. Although its extremely easy to hear ur colleagues' conversation on phone or otherwise, I have mastered the skill of "Not Hear" all forms of conversations around me that does not include myself.

    Just yesterday, one of the lights above my workstation started flickering (the light tube fused). I am actually able to ignore the sama-disco lighting and continue typing away on my pc...wahaha...steady hor. ^^

    Now u see the powers of the brain and its ability to sift thru information that was sent to it by the eyes and ears...amazing!

    No comments: