Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, February 19, 2007

    Happy Chinese New Year!

    Its Chinese New Year 2007...here's wishing everyone a fantastic year ahead!

    Now to my whining abt the new year. Ever since I grew up, I am beginning to find CNY pretty meaningless. Other than the holiday off from work that we get, I really cannot find a good reason to like this festival...yeah, u get time to accompany ur family....yeah, u get to see relatives and friends whom u might not have seen for a year....blah blah blah! But, to be truthful, its really pretty boring.

    The same conversational topics come out every year during CNY:
    "Oh, u have grown fatter/thinner o."
    "Which school u studying in?"
    "So, where r u working now? Graduated anot?"
    "U havent found a boyfriend/girlfriend ah?"
    "When r u getting married? Not young already o."
    "When are u having kids ah?"
    "How are ur kids doing in school?"

    Of coz there are more samples of such conversational topics...but its all really quite irritating to answer...not becoz a little concern from relatives and friends are not good...its really becoz why do pple who see u like once a year wana do knowing so much abt u? Its not as if they really play tat big a part in our lives if we only see them once or twice a year....which is the case for my relatives...see them like maybe twice a year...once on CNY and another on my grandma's birthday.

    BORING!!!

    Luckily these 2 days was not a long torture...went to both grandma's place at abt 11plus and came back home in the afternoon abt 3 plus to 4 plus....so its not tat bad. And with a little distraction from Charmaine and Ray, time flew pretty fast. But then, I still couldnt help but think that CNY meant so much more to me when I was a kid. I remember that I couldnt wait for CNY to arrive during the eve...and that our family would stay at my grandma's place for almost the whole day, eating and playing blackjack. Now...well, it was just eat and make small talk, then scram...hahaha....guess tats the difference in meaning CNY holds for children and adults.

    Had my other bolt of bad luck just now when I tried to turn on my bro's pc...it wouldnt start! Could see lights flashing on the CPU and hear the fan engine in the CPU start...but no image appear on monitor...checked the monitor and its ok but no images from CPU...argh!!! I DIN DO ANYTHING TO THE PC!!! Why did it have to die on me at this time? T_T No proper maple for me for the next few days till the pc get repaired...now had to use the lousy laptop at home to surf net also...T_T

    BAD LUCK GO AWAY!!!! GO AWAY!!!! GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!

    No comments: