Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, February 27, 2007

    Bizarre - Dreams

    Ever wondered how dreams come abt? Wat they mean? Whether they could be controlled?

    Some say dreams only come to those who are tired and did not get enuff sleep. Some say its the result of our subconscious mind working OT. There is an old chinese saying "Ri You Shuo Si, Ye You Shuo Meng" - ie. U dream at night about what u think of in the daytime. But I also vaguely remember a saying that at night when we sleep, our spirits float out of our bodies and "do things"...thus sometimes when we are awake and do certain stuffs, we get the deja-vu feeling that all the things that are occuring had happened before. Bizarre??? Tat's not all...

    Then, there are talks about interpretation of dreams and wat they could predict in our near/distant future. Of coz these interpretations are not as easy as for eg. u dream of being late for school/work and the result being that you are really late...its more in-depth than this...a dream of wealth might not necessarily mean a windfall.

    My dreams comes mostly in bits and pieces and somehow incomprehensible. The most frequent dreams I had when I was a kid were of spiders and falling down. Spiders, I think was caused by my childhood fear of things lurking in the dark and the shadow of my mum's clothes hanging near my bed. Falling down, hmmmm...I never understood why I had tat. It was actually quite scary to fall down and feel ur body "thump" (shake as if there's an impact) on the bed.

    Luckily, when I grew up those dreams of spiders and falling down no longer plague me. From then, I had lots of weird dreams: waking up late for school; attending to urgent nature's call (either big or small business ah); scenes from shows that I watched; me in some sort of race; me in a series of events; etc...etc...

    I ever tried "controlling" my dreams by thinking hard of someone (I wana have sweet dreams ^^) but it never work. Yeh, I had some romantic dreams too...bet most of u also had such dreams before, keke (not wet dreams lah!!! Aiyo!!!)...but mine is mostly with pple I dun wish to have these romantic dreams abt. Let's see...I dreamt of being with Christian Slater before, then once I dreamt of kissing a friend's boyfriend (whom by the way, I really have no fantasy abt..he is not my type). Ok, there is abt once or twice that I dreamt of kissing a guy I used to like (not my ex-bf!), and those times were most unexpected coz I tried so often trying to think of him hoping that I will dream of him at night...but nah! Never comes when I wanted it.

    The most unnerving dreams I had would be dreams of my ex-bf. I hate dreaming abt him! Never had dreams abt him when I was with him (ok, I dun remember having lah)...but since we broke off...it seems that once in a long time (eg. a few months or half a year), he will visit my dreams. I REALLY HATE DREAMING ABT HIM!!! I never bothered thinking abt him, so why do I keep dreaming of him??? I remember the first time I dreamt of him after we broke off, I woke up in cold sweat and went to a friend for comfort. I dreamt abt him this morning again...within the 1 hr that I laze back into bed (which I really regretted doing), I dreamt of patching up with him (over my dead body!) and getting cheated by him! Felt so betrayed...the leftover feeling when I woke up is NOT GOOD....T_T think this will be a sucky day! All coz of this lousy dream...

    No comments: