Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, July 17, 2007

    "Mad Rush"

    I took a ride from my bro this morning to work after a break of 2 weeks. Since I started my new job, I set off to work later as I din wana reach office too early for fear tat I would have nothing to do there. But as I said in my last post, my "honeymoon" was exceptionally short, so I decided there is no harm in going to office early to clear a bit of work.

    Taking the MRT from Tiong Bahru to Raffles Place, then walking to Robinson Road at 7am plus was surprisingly quite a relief. Though there are pple travelling to work at that time, there wasnt the usual "MAD RUSH" tat I absolutely hate!

    Normally when I reach Raffles Place MRT at 8.30am, there will be endless streams of pple coming out of the train station and walking in various directions (eg. towards UOB Plaza, Robinson Road, Shenton Way, etc). In such instance, although I am in no rush to get to work, I HAVE TO FOLLOW the flow of the streams of pple so tat I do not collide into pple or fall over and end up getting stomped. I cannot walk in a leisurely speed and had to widen my steps and walked as if I am rushing for time just like the rest of them....sigh....I HATE THIS MAD RUSH!!!

    Yes, I understand the handful of pple who could not wake up early and had to rush so tat they will not be late for work...but why must EVERYONE RUSH??!!! Now I know where the phrase "Rush Hour" comes from.

    Hmm...but I wonder...how about after work? Must EVERYONE RUSH to go home??? Must they RUSH to meet their appointments??? Must they RUSH to leave the office???

    Is this the price of globalisation?

    I MISS PERTH...with their slower pace of life, I have actually seen families strolling and having picnics in parks early in the morning on weekends...I should start saving my travelling fund already...time to start planning a trip to Australia again... ^^

    Going to watch Harry Potter - Order of the Pheonix tomorrow with Su and gang. Hope I can knock off from work on time *cross-fingers*.

    No comments: