Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, July 21, 2007

    Short Circuit

    Experience my first "short circuiting" experience yesterday. NO, I dun mean me getting "sot"! Arghh...wat were u thinking!

    I was busy getting ready for work yesterday morning when the electricity suddenly got cut off. Then I went to the main power switch board to check and fiddled with the switches for a while before I gave up coz I need to rush to work. So, I set all the switches to off, just to be safe. Was worried about the fishes and wonder if they will have sufficient oxygen since the fish tank motors are not working. I din even give a second thought abt my fridge, until my eldest bro pointed out to me and said tat the food inside will probably go bad (haiz...till now, I still din go check if anything in the fridge has gone bad...)

    Was distracted at work coz of this...kept thinking about the fishes and the food in the fridge. Then I was worried abt not having electricity at night - No lights, no aircon, no computer/TV...it will be a disaster! U might think its funny...but since the rest of my family are overseas, its a rather scary thought to be home alone in a dark house with no electricity. T_T

    So, although I had dinner plans with my new colleagues, I turned them down last minute (hope they dun think I am anti-social) and said tat I had to go home before the sun is down and there is still light for me to try the switches. My eldest bro "zhong suan you liang xin" (ie. does have conscience), coz he came over in the evening, abt 7pm plus and tested the switches. Both of us was puzzled when playing with the switches in the main power switch board did not help. Then he called the town council and they told him to try the 2 main switches at the "Power Box" outside our house. We could not open the box and they had to send pple down, only to find out tat we tried opening the box in the wrong way :P ...Felt so silly...

    Finally we had the electricity back on! It was such a relief! Then we tried all the switches in the house to find the faulty one. Strangely, we could not find which appliance short circuited the whole house. Then my bro had to return home to his family...so me alone in the house again...but at least there is electricity. After I had my dinner and was mapling, suddenly blackout again!...haiz...at least this time I din panic...just took the torchlight beside me and went out to the Power Box and on the switch again. Still, I dunno whether its the fish tank motor or fridge which short circuited the whole house. Sigh...yeah...hopeless!

    So, next time any of u have power failure problem...dun panic...just try both the main power switch board in ur house and the power box outside ur house.

    The whole incident din end badly, except for 1 casualty: 1 of the gold fish died...the fattest gold fish some more...and my bro made this comment "Yah, the fattest one, tats why its dead." ??? Fat then can breathe in less oxygen??? Wat kind of logic is tat?

    Anyway, too bad I was not back minutes earlier....coz when I transferred the fishes to a temporary pail of water when I got home, most of them were half-dead and gasping for breath...tat fat fish was already floating like dead but its gills was moving slightly...so shld have an ounce of life in it...but I was late....

    At least it had a full meal before dying.....(I overfed the fishes in the morning)

    Oh gosh...got to go...I forgot to throw the plastic bag which contains the dead fish! Eeee...later smelly...bye!

    No comments: