Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, December 15, 2005

    MISFORTUNES???

    Just had an appointment with the Director of a wound up company. He was telling me abt the recent misfortunes of his family: How he injected lots of money in the company, some of it from his dad, and now losing everything. Abt him paying some of the creditors using his own money as he thinks its not right to owe them money (sounds a little silly to me coz company and individual are separate entities and he really should not have paid the company's debt). He is doing a little business on his own now in order to support his 3 children. His wife got depression becoz his youngest child is born with birth defects (I am not going into details on this...though he did tell me in details). And that the family just discovered that his mum has contracted breast cancer, and his dad (70+ yrs old) is not taking the news well.

    Amongst all tat he told me, I caught a line abt how hard it was to run the 3-STOREY household when they have difficulty hiring a maid. It is interesting that despite all his misfortunes, he can still afford the luxury of staying in a 3-storey house.

    Say tat I am skeptical or just plain suspicious, I think he is just trying to win my sympathy. Without going into details abt my job, I think he is not being honest in the facts that he told me. I dun mean abt the stories of his misfortunes, but things regarding the company.

    Well, there is indeed so many different kinds of pple ard. Although this director seems quite unfortunate but at least he still has a roof over his head, enjoys 3 meals a day, and have his family with him.

    Therefore, I think misfortunes normally comes hand-in-hand with fortunes and blessings as well. So, I guess I should count my blessings for my low pay contract job, the debts I owed my mum n bro, and my inability to meet the guy of my dreams...haha...coz all these mean that I have my loving family, caring friends and cooperative colleagues...hahahaha....

    No comments: