Tweet Me

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, December 10, 2005

    WINDING DOWN AFTER A TENSE WORK WEEK

    Went out with Kim & Mabel just now and met Anne for the first time. A woman with lots of character is wat I wld describe her. Bold, straightforward and charming in her own way.

    We had dinner at Marina Sq, the restaurant beside Swensens...gosh! I forgot the name already (I am indeed getting old...keep forgetting things these days). [HAHA! I just remembered the restaurant's name, its Changing Appetites! - posted on 27.12.05 ] Ate Mushroom & Cheese Chicken burger, thought it tasted quite good but Anne said it was bad...maybe my tastebuds are having problems too...hmm...

    We shopped ard a little at Marina Sq and Millenia Walk thereafter. Found a candy shop at Millenia Walk selling all sorts of sweets, chocolates & goodies that you probably could not elsewhere in Singapore. Also discovered the Smith's Cheese & Onion potato chips there!!! It is wat we had in Perth and it tastes great!!! Though it costs a bit expensive ($5.90), it might be worth to buy when I have chips cravings. :)

    Later, we searched ard for a nice place to hv a drink and ended up drinking at the link upstairs between Millenia Walk and Marina Sq (again I forgot the name of the place!)...ordered a Long Island Tea and found tat it tasted HORRIBLE!!! Worse Long Island I ever drank...Mabel felt the same way too coz she ordered the same. Didnt manage to finish the drink coz it was so awful. Think I wld still prefer gg to the lounge at Marina Mandarin for a drink...ambience is good, seats are comfortable, service staff are polite and the drink taste far better, to top it up - got pianist there as well...wat more can u ask for on a relaxing night out?

    We headed home at abt 11.30pm, took some time to call a cab. Lucky all of us live ard the same area, so it was pretty economical :P

    No comments: